#1 x2p

x2p

Network Security

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:Basketball,dj'ing and cars

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:26 PM

well come guys what u using.... looks like were a crew now..
suse 10.1

#2 Sphere

Sphere

The moth next to my brain is Bart, say hi to him if you like

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:43 PM

Installing Gentoo as I type.... It's gonna take a while before that's done though...

Used to have SuSE 10 and once tried Fedora.

Ok, byebye Gentoo... After a full day of compiling, it doesn't work! :verymad:

Switching to SuSE 10.1, is it any good?

#3 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 12:05 PM

SUSE. SUSE looks nice but i am not sure of the OS. i was a Linux user back in the days of Redhat 8 and later Redhat 9. Not updated lol.

Linoman the other admin will be on today, he likes Linux a lot and could offer some suggestions along with X2P here. Linoman uses Ubuntu but if you want KDE i think its Kubuntu?

#4 Sphere

Sphere

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 03 March 2006 - 12:09 PM

Yeh, the KDE version of Ubuntu is Kubuntu. Though, I wonder why (K )Ubuntu is so popular... I really can't stand it, it's not for me!

#5 Linoman

Linoman

Established Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 03:03 PM

Sup fellow linux followers I mean users :(. Let me see as you all know I LOVE Ubuntu and of cause Kubuntu as well. I am sad to say but I had to remove the harddisk Ubuntu was installed on :-(. So I haven't installed Linux again but you know what? I am gonna install Linux again.

Although I might either wait until Ubuntu Dapper is released (6.04) or install Mandrivia Linux 2006. Suggestions?

#6 Sphere

Sphere

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 05:05 PM

I'm really not a kubuntu/ubuntu user... I don't know about Mandriva, but if I have to choose, I think I eventually will go to Kubuntu...

#7 Linoman

Linoman

Established Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 05:27 PM

I am also considering trying out Mepis Linux

#8 Linoman

Linoman

Established Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:41 AM

Ok how are you linux rigs doing? Waiting for Ubuntu 6.04/Kubuntu 6.04 to be released. Although planning to write a review on Mepis Linux 3.4.3 download almost finshed (only taken 48hours +- thats the life of a dial up user)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users