1 reply to this topic

#1 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 05:11 PM

In Windows 2000 (NOT XP) you can eject the CD drive of another Windows 2000 computer. Chances are even if your account is restricted this will work.

Some XP/Server 2003 computers IF on a domain will work with this.
-----------
Firstly to access the function do any of the following.

To access it normally. Right click my computer, click manage

Go to \WINDOWS\system32\compmgmt.msc (or \WINNT\system32\compmgmt.msc depends on your install)

Start, Programs, double-click the startup folder and then press the Up arrow till your in the root of your drive. Then go into WINDOWS\system32\compmgmt.msc (or \WINNT\system32\compmgmt.msc depends on your install)

-----------
Now you want to begin. To do that click Action at the top, then connect to another computer. After typing in the IP Address or computer name of the machine you want (or select one from list, making sure that machine is on and also Windows 2000).

Then double click storage, doube click removable storage, click media and then on the right select the CD drive. Click it once then run either the Inject or eject wizard. The CD (or DVD) drive should then eject and at the end of the wizard go back in.

-----------

This guide WAS written by me!

#2 error51

error51

Elite Newsposter

• Newsposter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 03:05 AM

Nice guide! I might have to humor myself and install Win2k on this machine so I can try that trick out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users