#1 nabz0r

nabz0r

Untraceable

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:Network Security & CS 1.6

Posted 14 December 2008 - 12:11 PM

Hi people, I reformatted a computer and when I came to install the Network driver it gives me something like network controller2 and when i restart the PC, it changed to 5 and 3rd time restarting it changed to 8. I was like wtf is that. Anyone knows why is that so and what that is. If anyone knows where to get the Network driver, lemme know. Thanks for you help guys, I'd really appreciate it! <33

The pc is HP Pavilion t6315.sc
PC DRIVERS

P.S I downloaded all drivers from their home page.
P.S1 I opened the case to see what is written on the MB, but there is nothing just some numbers, nothing more. :/

Processor: AMD Sempron ™ Processor 3500+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz
Grapic Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE

Edited by nabz0r, 14 December 2008 - 12:13 PM.

#2 Tweak

Tweak

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:15 PM

Would perhaps try this driver first then reboot, then try this one afterwards and reboot if it requires it, also you might consider extracting the downloaded items to a folder and pointing manually the driver to that location. Seems odd that it keeps changing in the manner described, I have seen them listed as 2, 3 4 etc but not in the way you describe which seems to happen everytime you restart the pc. Maybe that helps, maybe not...worth a shot though, chipset drivers installed first makes things much nicer, take note that if nVidia drivers offer Mediashield or a Firewall or Network Manager option that you do not install those, nothing but problems.

#3 nabz0r

nabz0r

Untraceable

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:27 PM

Thanks buddy, I was waiting for your replay. lol... Yea, it's so odd, that this happened. Anyway, I'll uninstall the drivers and give a try the one you posted, hope it works. And btw, chipset that I've installed is the same, so I'll keep the one installed. I'll try network driver.

P.S I'll edit this post if it is not working.

Nah buddy, same problem, but this time with 6. And it gives me a weird IP address it's not like my other IP's. "10.3.81.253" What are those numbers anyway? Should there be any number?

Edited by nabz0r, 14 December 2008 - 03:10 PM.

#4 nabz0r

nabz0r

Untraceable

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:16 AM

Hi again, I finally managed to fix the problem. After reinstalling for like 10 times the driver, it worked. Thought I had to connect it somewhere else, it didn't work at my place. :P

Tweak, thanks for trying to help man!

Edited by nabz0r, 17 December 2008 - 11:16 AM.

#5 Tweak

Tweak

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:12 AM

Sorry I haven't been around too much, glad to hear you got it working though! :rofl_mini:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users