4 replies to this topic

#1 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:56 AM

It was just earlier today we saw a new HP Slate demo video emerge, and now we’ve got a lot of new juicy details including pricing and official hardware specs.

Our friends at Engadget snagged an internal presentation that looks seemingly like HP’s way of pumping up its employees for the Slate amidst all the hoopla surrounding the iPad launch. The base version of the HP Slate will retail for $549, which includes 32 GB storage, 1 GB RAM, a 1.6 GHz Atom processor, and an 8.9-inch multitouch screen at 1024 x 600 pixel resolution. A 64 GB configuration will be available for $599.

Both versions will also include an SDHC card slot, USB port, two cameras (one external 3-megapixel and one front-facing VGA for videoconferencing usage), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, support for 1080p video playback, a dock connector for power, audio, and HDMI out to your TV, and a SIM card slot for optional 3G connectivity. They’ll both also be running Windows 7 Home Premium with a custom HP touch-optimized user interface. Battery life is reportedly five hours, which could be a point of concern as the Slate goes up against the iPad’s 10 hours.

What we still don’t know is When, although rumours have suggested a June launch for the HP Slate. This pricing scheme puts HP’s tablet device at a higher starting point than the iPad’s $499 base configuration, but you’d be shelling out that extra $50 for twice the storage (32 GB vs. 64) and arguably some other valuable features.

Now that we know the details of the iPad’s front-running Windows 7 tablet competitor, how do you think the HP Slate shapes up?

#2 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 12:56 PM

You might want to take a look at ExoPC :P

more powerful than the iPad
Win7
3 USB ports
SDHC card slot

and most important: MADE IN QUEBEC!!

Of course, it's not on the production line yet, but I'm eager to see how it turns out. Not that I would necessarily get one, though... After all, my netbook has been gathering dust since I've finished University. Serves as a secondary PC whenever my desktop isn't available, like while I was formatting or stuff like that. So that's like once or twice a year. :)

#3 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:31 PM

hey hog, i'll be keeping an eye out for it. these gizmos are growing on me...

#4 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 03:49 PM

This is the one I like...

U1 Hybrid from Lenovo

#5 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 04:34 PM

pretty neat. i was hoping to see some linux happening on these.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users