4 replies to this topic

#1 scaramonga

scaramonga

CALLING ALL STATIONS

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:32 PM

images/news/apple.jpgApple announced today that they will be giving away free cases to all customers with an iPhone 4, due to the antenna issues.

Apple said they will give a free case to all customers who purchased the iPhone 4 before September 30, 2010, or will issue a refund if customers already purchased a bumper. The cases will vary from Apple's own bumper cases to others sourced from third party manufacturers, because Apple are unable to make enough bumpers in this quarter. Sadly, Apple will not be issuing a hardware fix for customers, but instead remedy the situation with a free case during their press conference.

Users will need to register through the Apple website with their address and information to receive their free case. The website is expected to go live at the end of next week.

Anyone who is still unhappy about this, may return their undamaged iPhone 4 to any Apple Store within 30 days of purchase for a full refund.

So there is the answer everyone has been waiting 22 days for, a free case for their phone.

#2 scaramonga

scaramonga

CALLING ALL STATIONS

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:36 PM

Nice one Apple!!

I'm gonna collect my free case next week, although I've never had any problems with reception, I'll take it anyway - many thx!!! :bluerip:

:clarky:

#3 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 02:35 AM

my thoughts,

Love Apple, but I think its a band-aid solution. Come September you know there will be a iPhone4b with a clear coating around the antenna to fix this problem. I probably suggest if you dont like using a bumper or case you return your iPhone and wait a couple more months for the revised one. Who knows, maybe Steve and his engineers were using a Rev b prototype, and thats why they didnt use bumpers today. Also, just food for thought, we all thought Gray Powell prototype phone was disguised by that bumper, maybe he was testing the bumper more than the phone.

#4 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 03:22 AM

android phone all the way. i was thinking iphone for my daughter, but nah, we're going droid in some form or other...

#5 VoodooGuru

VoodooGuru

When I get a chance, I get up and dance and do the Curly shuffle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 02:33 PM

I've got a Blackberry Curve for work and a Blackberry Storm for personal use. I've never had a problem with either of these or my previous Blackberry.

I like the Storm much more because it has the touch screen and I can hit the keys on the display without straining my already not so good eyesight.

The only real complaint I have about the Storm is that they released the Storm II a week after I got mine.

As for anything MAC? I'm slowly erasing them from our work atmosphere as they die off. When they die, I just take them to the roof of our five story office building and target iPhone users down below.

If my aim is accurate, this kills two birds with one boat anchor. :bluerip:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users